Hey, Mitch here,
You are reading my unbiased and uncensored review of Satellite Direct software.
Also note that this is a review. If you are looking for Satellite Direct website click here.
Right now you are probably wondering why I wrote this review and why am I sharing it with you. Well, when I was in your shoes and I was buying Satellite Direct, there were plenty of useless and very biased reviews. That’s why I quickly wrote an honest review to help you who are in the same boat as I was.
Satellite Direct is not only shine and glory, but it’s got its weaknesses too. In this review I’ll also be analyzing negative side of Satellite Direct. If that’s something you don’t want to hear, you may as well leave now.
OK, so let’s start by answering this question: what is Satellite Direct? It’s software that enables you watching TV on a PC (both Windows and Mac computers are supported). The whole process if very straightforward: first you download Satellite Direct software from ETVCorp’s website, then you install it on your computer, last you fire it up and watch thousands of TV channels (more precisely about 3500), webcams and other kinds of feeds. You don’t need anything else like a satellite dish, set top box or extra money for subscription bills.
So how does Satellite Direct actually work? Mainly it’s just a collection of feeds freely available on the internet. But it’s a huge collection though – over 3500 channels waiting there for you to watch. That’s a huge amount of channels and to be honest you’ll probably never watch all of them. That’s simply too many. It’s a good idea to go through them and bookmark your favorites just to make sure you don’t get lost in all the channels. These 3500 channels are not just TV channels. They are also prerecorded shows, live local channels and I’ve even seen some webcam live feeds. Clearly lots of them are pretty much useless, but even after you clean them up, you’ll end up with way too many channels to watch. They’re sorted into groups based on the country. A plus side of Satellite Direct is that these are channels from all over the world, not just local channels like with cable packages. Software also comes with hundreds of radio channels, movie trailers and other pretty good features. Those are not the main feature of the software so we won’t go into details.
Here are a few preview screenshots of Satellite Direct:
There’s one thing you’ll absolutely love about Satellite Direct. I’m a frequent traveler and my laptop travels with me everywhere I go. So when I’m abroad I simply connect to internet (wi-fi or 3G), run Satellite Direct and watch TV just like if I was at home. That’s really cool because I never miss my favorite sports games and shows this way.
To sum up – I really like SatelliteDirect. I won’t deny it – it’s got its weaknesses, but it’s very cheap and it will bring added value to your life (especially because of the traveling and watching TV abroad). ETV Corp (and Clicksure) offers no questions asked money back guarantee, proving they’re confident about their product. So to summarize:
The good stuff:
- Satellite Direct is dirt cheap. It will cost you a one-time fee of $29.95. There’s no monthly subscription and no hardware for you to buy and install. (note: normal Satellite Direct price is $49.95. Discount price of $29.95 is available only when you buy it through this link).
- You can access thousands of foreign channels that are usually not available with other TV services.
- You can watch TV from any location at home or while on the go (ideal for travelers).
- You get extras like Trailers, Radio Channels, etc.
- If you still don’t like it, they offer no questions asked money back guarantee.
The bad stuff:
- You need to be connected to the internet while using the software (faster it is, better quality you get).
- There aren’t many High Definition (HD) channels included in Satellite Direct.
- You will not get 3500 TV channels (some of those channels are local webcams, some are of low quality and some are not operating all the time). Still, you’ll have at least 1500 good channels to choose from, and to be honest you’ll never come even close to watching all of those since that’s just too many. It’s still nice to have a choice though!
- You’ll have to go through the list and bookmark your favorite channels, because there are so many of them – there’s a bookmarking system that makes this task much easier.
So you might be wondering who’s behind SatelliteDirect? The software is made by a company called ETV Corp.
Solely in 2009 the company won the following awards for Satellitedirect:
- Best of the web 2009 (5 stars)
- Quality assurance seal 2009 (for software reviews)
- 100% clean (no spyware, no adware, no viruses)
Looking at reviews posted at their website you’ll find testimonials like:
“I was amazed by your large collection of channels; my cable company only had a quarter of your content. Great stuff!”
“Thanks to your software, I cancelled my costly TV Cable service. Money well spent!”
Recently ETV Corp also launched a digital movie download service called fullmovies.com. You basically sign up, pay yearly fee and stream movies to your computer over the internet. It looks like an interesting service but there are not a lot of reviews and I haven’t tried it myself, so we’ll just have to wait.